Mercer Retirement Readiness Index offers superannuation funds a way to measure membership's readiness for retirement with detailed attribution analysis
Clarity across your members' journey to retirement. Mercer Retirement Readiness Index offers simple, affordable and flexible access to valuable insights and helps focus marketing & member communication to support those members who are less prepared.
What is Mercer Retirement Readiness Index?
Mercer Retirement Readiness Index instantly measures how your members are tracking towards achieving a comfortable retirement. Accessed through a secure web-portal, the simulation will:
- PROJECT members’ super balances at retirement age.
- COMPARE members’ super balances with the amount required to provide an income stream in retirement that meets ASFA’s Comfortable Retirement Standard or a suitable benchmark of your choice.
- GROUP members into green, amber, red zones.
- SCORE each fund out of 100 - indicates a snapshot of the fund’s current position.
- BENCHMARK your funds’ scores against other funds.
- TEST the impact of member campaigns allowing for market volatility.
Out of the Box Package Includes:
- Full access to a secure web-based portal with instant member readiness results at any time during the year.
- Six monthly actuarial review and workshop providing important trends and segments, plus actions to improve your fund’s Mercer Retirement Readiness Index score.
- Insights into the Mercer Retirement Readiness Index score of other participating funds upon the two check points each year.
- Initial training and technical support.
Research based on APRA data1 shows that the average member in about 60% of APRA funds will need to rely fully or partly on the government age pension and will be unable to achieve a comfortable standard of living in retirement.
And while an expense survey2 of super funds suggests more than $1 billion is spent on marketing and communication each year, more than half public offer funds are losing members and assets due to negative net rollovers.
Some questions you can consider:
- Are our members on track to achieve their retirement goals?
- How well is our fund performing compared to other funds?
- How can we identify members that need help?
- Are our strategies to enhance retirement readiness working?
- Is our marketing budget directed in the right place?
Mercer Retirement Readiness Index can answer these questions and help you:
- Better understand your members’ readiness for retirement
- Plan your marketing budget with focus and target your marketing according to how well positioned members will be in retirement
- Measure the effectiveness of strategies and monitor management performance
- Confidentially compare with other funds and stay competitive
- Display social responsibility and move the needle on improving retirement outcomes
Are you a Mercer Super Member?
If you are a personal Mercer Super Member please contact us through one of the following methods:
If you have your Super with us via your employer – 1800 682 525
If you have a personal Super account with us – 1800 810 558
If you have a pension account – 1800 671 369
Call us between 8:00am and 7:00pm Monday to Friday (AEST / AEDT).
For more information on the Mercer Financial Sevices or to login to your Mercer super account visit Mercer's Financial Services website.
1. APRA 2013 and 2014 Superannuation Fund-level Publications, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority