Best Practice Decision Making and Risk Management
Good governance means having the right systems, people and processes in place to successfully realise your vision and achieve your goals. Good governance is about how well your organisation can respond to unexpected events, understanding and managing risks, having the ability to optimise operations and effectively monitor performance.
Mercer believes in a successfully integrated governance system, helping clients stay on course in an ever-changing regulatory and legislative landscape.
A simple, yet powerful framework is our key to achieving and maintaining good governance. Our Governance Practice Solutions (GPS) team, comprised of experts in superannuation and corporate governance, strategy, investments, human resources, legal, risk management, compliance, insurance and fund operations, offer organisations the smartest thinking and best practice on governance issues today.
We help clients with a range of strategy, operations, policy, training, and risk management services including:
- Mercer Extratextual (an online e-compliance management system)
- Trustee training
- Board and executive team strategy workshops and reviews
- Board effectiveness reviews and composition, competency and skills assessments
- Investment governance, beliefs, strategy and implementation analysis and guidance
- Risk management frameworks, risk assessments, analytics and recommendations
- Design and implementation of policies for transparency, purpose and impact
- Organisational structure design including roles and responsibilities
- Outsourced provider reviews
- Compliance advisory, framework reviews and assessments