Mercer’s talent experts have been helping organizations from multinationals to start-ups with their people for more than 70 years through consulting, information solutions, technology, tools, and exclusive research. We make it our job to keep you ahead of the market with our holistic approach to all things talent.
Meet some of our local Talent team below.
Raphaele Nicaud is a Partner and the head of Mercer’s Talent Products and Innovation business. Outside of Mercer, Raphaele’s experience includes 6 years HR consulting with HayGroup in Sydney and Paris and prior to that human capital development consulting with the World Bank (Africa Division).
Raphaele has 20+ years international consulting experience including deep project management and technical expertise in the delivery of a range of projects covering:
- Workforce Rewards – benchmarking, reward strategy, rem & class design, STI design, modelling, benefits, gender pay equity.
- Talent Strategy: organisation design, talent management (competencies, succession planning, careers, retention) and leadership (strategy, development, assessment), mobility.
Raphaele holds a Master of Science in Foreign Service from Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA and a Master of Political Science, from Science-Po Paris, France.
- Developed and led assessment and development program for timber manufacturing company for both executive team and selected high potential. This included the development of a leadership strategy, leadership capability framework, 27 Behavioral Event Interviews.
- Developed and implemented a career architecture framework for one of Australia’s Big 4 Bank’s investment banking arm, this includes the development of a career interactive tool so that end-users can access information about careers, people and technical capabilities and development suggestions as well as lateral and vertical moves.
- Developed a succession planning approach for a education not for profit, including facilitation of Talent Summits, rolled out training for managers the following year to cascade approach to all layers of organisation.
- Lead the design of leadership strategy and implementation for a technology focused University.
Daniel is the Practice Leader, Executive Rewards in Mercer’s Talent consulting business with a primary focus on executive reward strategy, remuneration benchmarking, Board advisory and incentive plan design.
Daniel has a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Economics and a MBA.
Prior to joining Mercer, Daniel was a Principal Consultant in executive rewards at Egan Associates. He has extensive experience in designing executive remuneration programs for a range of listed and non-listed companies, including assignments with pre and post IPO companies and public-private transactions.
Daniel’s background includes professional services experience in tax and legal advisory (Arthur Andersen & Clayton Utz) and financial services experience in investment and private banking (Barclays Capital & Macquarie).
Lily has over 12 years of HR experience as a professional HR practitioner and consultant. Prior to joining Mercer in 2007, she worked in a HR consultancy environment in a large professional services firm. Lily has significant project management and design experience in a range of organisational development, remuneration framework and strategy and performance improvement projects.
She also has experience in providing implementation support to clients. Lily’s current responsibilities include project management, business development and client relationship management for a diverse range of organisations in the private, not-for-profit and public sectors.
Lily holds a Bachelor of Business, Honours (Major in HRM) from the Queensland University of Technology
- Developing talent management and reward strategies and programs to improve overall employment offering and that address attraction and retention needs.
- Developing leadership capability frameworks and undertaking leadership assessments.
- Developing role profiles and competency frameworks that are aligned to business strategy.
- Conducting customised surveys, managing implementation and undertaking analysis of results.
- Facilitating workshops and focus groups.
- Reviewing performance management arrangements and designing performance management frameworks.
- Developing HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Developing work level descriptors to support capability development, classification management and career pathing strategies.
- Designing classification/grading structures and remuneration frameworks using both Mercer’s CED and IPE job evaluation methodologies.
- Reviewing remuneration programs including benefits program, STI plans, and retention schemes.
Craig leads the Insights and Innovation Practice of the Talent business with a team who specialise in the analysis and interpretation of our market data, as well the delivery of customised data projects for clients.
Joining Mercer in 2004, Craig has performed various roles in that time ranging from leading a team of survey analysts to leading the full Information Solutions practice within the Talent business. Craig has vast project experience of remuneration and benefits having worked and delivered on a variety of customised projects for both local and multinational organisations.
Craig holds a Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, majoring in Criminology & Psychology and a Post-Graduate Diploma of Psychology.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the General Remuneration as content lead for Mercer’s national Remuneration Forum.
- Designed and delivered the ‘Mercer Market Hub’ which includes industry leading metrics such as the Remuneration Sentiment Index and the Salary Barometer.
- Designed & developed, in conjunction with WGEA, the salary pay gap calculator used by businesses nation-wide as part of their pay gap analysis.
- Numerous engagements with top tier clients conducting data management and analysis and delivering recommendations for action.
- Acted as an advisor to WGEA as the agency expanded their data collection mandate from Australian businesses.
- Managed and Delivered remuneration analysis, causation modelling and workforce projections to numerous ASX Top 20 clients.
Simon leads Mercer's Workforce Products business across Australia and New Zealand. The Workforce Products business provides general market and industry-specific remuneration & benefits data, workforce metrics, analytical & insights services, industry networks/forums and consulting services to industry sectors including Construction, Education, Financial Services, FMCG, High Tech, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Logistics, Mining, Oil & Gas, Professional Services & Utilities.
Simon holds a BA(Hons) / Commerce from the Australian National University
Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance & Investment from the Securities Institute in Australia.
- Simon’s recent project work includes identifying and developing industry-specific insights and product innovation for the compensation, benefits and workforce metrics data Mercer provides to industry clients in Australia and New Zealand.
- Simon has previously worked in Mercer’s in London office.
- Mercer’s Global Job Definition Manager, re-designing the methodology & framework underpinning Mercer’s global salary surveys.
- EMEA Energy Leader (based In London), managing and developing energy and financial services sector client relationships, reward surveys, industry networks/forms and data consulting projects.
Since joining Mercer, Simon has worked across a wide range of private companies and multi-national organisations in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand covering industries including: Power & Utilities, Energy & Commodity Trading, Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Financial Services, Life Sciences and FMCG industries.